Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Instant Karma!

AUTHORSHIP Lennon (1.00)

LENNON: "I enjoyed the 'Instant Karma' thing because there were the people right there. And we were talking about the fact that she [Yoko] was knitting, you see. Because we did everything together. Now she wasn't singing on 'Instant Karma'. So I'm doing 'Instant Karma', live - or it was a backing tape with live vocal, I think - and she's just sitting there knitting this scarf, and there was some review the next day - 'How dare she sit there knitting?' you know. But we wanted to be together, and her contribution to that event, instead of having a smoke bomb or a coloured light, a psychedelic light, Yoko only knitted. You see. And - 'What are they doing?' There's a film of that - I wish I could get hold of it." December 6, 1980, The Last Lennon Tapes

No comments: