Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I Lost My Little Girl

AUTHORSHIP McCartney (1.00)

McCARTNEY: "When I first started writing songs I started using a guitar. The first one I ever wrote was one called 'My Little Girl' which is a funny little song, a nice little song, a corny little song based on three chords - G, G7 and C. A little later we had a piano and I used to bang around on that." Beatles in Their Own Words

McCARTNEY: "I wrote that when I was fourteen just after I'd lost my mother. I don't think the song was about that but of course, any psychiatrist getting hold of those two bits of information would say it was. It's fairly obvious with a title like 'I Lost My Little Girl'." Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now

McCARTNEY: "I got my first guitar when I was 15, and I just used to fool around with it, more or less. As time went by though, I got more interested. I used to be influenced by Elvis, Chuck Berry and Carl Perkins, in the old days. I love them. I can't really sing like them, but I like them. Dad used to play the piano and he would teach us things like harmony, and that learning helped me write my first song, called 'I Lost My Little Girl', when I was 14. It had just three chords, G, G7 and C. I just used to make them up." The Beatles Off the Record: Outrageous Opinions & Unrehearsed Interviews

McCARTNEY: "I must have played it to John when we met and we decided to get together and see if we could write as a team." Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now

No comments: