Thursday, June 01, 2006

John & Yoko Busted: 1968

Police Report

D.S. Pilcher told Lennon that unless he opened the front door it would be forced. Lennon still refused.

D.S. Pilcher then left me and I heard banging coming from the front door. Lennon moved away from the window shouting, “All right, I’ll open it.” I opened the window and entered the bedroom. Lennon said, “Oh well, you’re in now.”

Lennon comments: “he was a bit far away for this conversation – in fact he only leaned down from the roof to hand Nigel the paper.”

I said to Lennon, “We are police officers and we have a warrant to search the premises for dangerous drugs. Open the window and let me in.” Lennon leaned on the window preventing me from opening it and said, “I don’t care who you are, you’re not bloody well coming in here.”

Lennon comments: “they/we were all so excited they would never talk this gobble-de-gook.”


Items seized from the scene

Statement of MICHAEL ANSELL, M.A.
Occupation of Witness: Senior Scientific Officer

On the 22nd October, 1968, I took possession of the following sealed items:

Description: One binocular case containing binoculars and herbal mixture.
Result of Analysis: 12.43 grammes (191.8 grains) of Cannabis resin.

Description: One tin containing herbal mixture.
Result of Analysis: Traces of Cannabis resin.

Description: One envelope containing herbal mixture.
Result of Analysis: 1.77 grammes (27.3 grains) of Cannabis resin.

Description: One cigarette case.
Result of Analysis: Traces of Cannabis resin.

Description: One box containing a phial of brown tablets.
Result of Analysis: Three ‘OMNOPON’ tablets. Containing a total of 30 milligrammes (1/2 grain) Morphine.

1 comment:

Kpotter said...

ur blog is cool