Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Beatles In Cleveland: Memories, Facts & Photos About The Notorious 1964 & 1966 Concerts

by Dave Schwensen
Foreword by Bill Harry

Memories, facts and photos are your tickets for two of the wildest, out-of-control concerts in Beatle - and rock - history. Follow behind the scenes dealings that brought John, Paul, George and Ringo to Cleveland, then grab a front row seat for back stage and on stage excitement through eyewitness accounts from the promoters, concert MC's, rival deejays, journalists, opening acts and fans, along with rare, never-before published photos, video stills and memorabilia. A concert by the Beatles was not just about the music, but also the emotions stirred by the most influential group in the history of popular music.

"As John Lennon once said, "You had to be there." Well, Dave has created the nearest thing to actually witnessing the Cleveland concerts and it's a worthwhile contribution to the growing canon of works about the greatest rock group of them all."
-- Bill Harry, Founder and Editor of Mersey Beat

"Dave Schwensen did the impossible. Through his writing he took my mind from the California coastline to Cleveland and made me enjoy it. I was mainly skeptical that he could write a whole book about a single happening - the two Beatle concerts in said city and hold my interest. Not only did he accomplish both impossibilities, he totally drew me into the whole experience and gave me new insight into something I thought I knew something about. It was like looking into a microscope at a single object and when the proper focus was brought about I was amazed at how many things there were to see. It was the minutiae of it all that were so fascinating. I particularly like the simplicity of his reporting in that it allows the reader to live the complicated depth of the experience. Good show, mate!"
-- Ken Mansfield, Former U.S. Manager Apple Records

No comments: