Saturday, June 11, 2011

Brian Epstein on Meeting the Beatles

"I saw the Beatles at a midday session, and I liked them enormously. I immediately liked the sound that I heard. I decided that I should at least talk to them and find out, for my own satisfaction, what it was that made them tick. So I pushed my way through to the front and got within speaking distance, allowing for all the noise that was going on. I heard their sound before I met them. I actually think that's important, because I think it should always be remembered that, in fact, people hear their sound and like this sound before they meet them. They are important, but I immediately liked what I heard, and I thought that it was something that an awful lot of people would like. They were fresh, honest and had, what I thought, a sort of presence and star quality, whatever that is."

No comments: